STOCKHOLM, Sweden, July 12, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Tomorrow, the 13th of July, noted a publicly distributed structured placement based on a green bond on Nasdaq Stockholm. It is the first of its kind in the Nordic countries.
The placement issued by the French bank, Crédit Agricole CIB and distributed by Garantum Fondkommission ab, a leading nordic provider of structured investments.
- Garantum has always been a pioneer in structured investments, but it is not every day we get the opportunity to break new ground in an area as important as green finance, » says Mikael Axelsson, CEO of Garantum Fondkommission. Our mission is to create the right placement at the right time, and few things can be more than an investment that produces positive effects on society and the environment. We look forward to continuing to leverage the flexibility of structured investments to offer varied sustainable exposure in an efficient manner. And although it is always fun to was first out with something significant, so we want now to nothing more than more players to discover the potential in this.
The possibility to combine the green bond’s merits with any market exposure and reward profile has until now been the preserve of institutional investors, but is now also open for the broader market.
- The Nasdaq has long been the driving force in the work for a greening of the financial market, and our market for sustainability bonds has been a driving force in the work, » says Ann-Charlotte Eliasson, european noteringschef for Fixed Income products at Nasdaq. This structured placement from Crédit Agricole CIB provides a larger and wider group of investors the opportunity to invest in green, something we believe is good for both the market and the environment.
A noteringsceremoni with a focus on sustainable development and green bonds will be held at the Nasdaq in connection with the listing.
If Garantum Fondkommission
Garantum Fondkommission was founded in 2004 as specialistaktör in the structured investments. The company is today the market leader in structured investments in the Nordic region and at the same time broadened our offering to include several types of financial products and services. Garantum has about 60 employees at offices in Stockholm, Helsinki and Oslo. The company is privately owned and is included in the same group as, inter alia, the fund management company aktie-ansvar.
To find out more, go to www.garantum.se
About Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank
Crédit Agricole CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Crédit Agricole Group, the world’s n°13 bank measured by Tier One Capital (The Banker, July 2017). The Bank offers its clients a comprehensive range of products and services, structured around six major divisions:
- Client Coverage & International Network
- International Trade & Transaction Banking
- The Global Investment Banking
- Structured Finance
- Global Markets
- Debt Optimisation & Distribution.
The Bank provides support to clients in large international markets through its network with a presence in major countries in Europe, America, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
For more information, please visit its website at www.ca-cib.com
On The Nasdaq
The Nasdaq (Nasdaq:NDAQ) is a leading global provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services. Through its various portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using the samples, the technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today’s global capital markets. As the creator of the world’s first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 90 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world’s securities transactions. The Nasdaq is home to approximately 3,900 total listings with a market value of approximately $13 trillion.
To learn more, visit: http://business.nasdaq.com
This announcement is distributed by Nasdaq Corporate Solutions on behalf of Nasdaq Corporate Solutions clients.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Nasdaq via Globenewswire